23/06/26-28/07/26 (Week 10 - Week 15)
Digital Matte Painting / Bachelors of Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting
Samuel Keane / 0376236
Digital Matte Painting / Bachelors of Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting
Samuel Keane / 0376236
JUMPLINKS
1. LECTURES
2. INSTRUCTIONS
3. TASK
3. TASK
4. REFLECTIONS
LECTURES
Lectures were given in class.
INSTRUCTIONS
TASK
Final Project: Thematic Matte Painting
Finally, what a long semester it has been. Moving on to the final project, we were tasked to turn the composition we previously made in project 2 into a thematic matte painting. I tried to just showcase the landscape I made on photoshop and bring it to life in After Effects.
| Fig. 3.1, Initial set |
Honestly, the rest are pretty simple. From what I see online, people usually just drag the camera across the landscape to make it as if it's 3D.
But.................. first, I separated the lamp from the lamp post on photoshop since I want to animate only the lamp. The point is to make the lamp swing as if it was blown by the wind.
REFLECTIONS
This final project allowed me to bring my matte painting to life by exploring basic animation techniques in After Effects. Although the workflow was relatively straightforward, I learned how separating assets, creating depth with 3D layers, and using cameras and null objects could make a static image feel much more immersive. Overall, this project helped me better understand the post-production side of digital matte painting and showed me how subtle movements and sound design can greatly enhance the atmosphere and storytelling of a scene.
Comments
Post a Comment