Digital Matte Painting - Project 2: Production

09/06/26-23/06/26 (Week 8 - Week 10)
Digital Matte Painting / Bachelors of Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Project 2: Production
Samuel Keane / 0376236


JUMPLINKS


LECTURES

Lectures were given in class.


    INSTRUCTIONS


    TASK

    Project 2: Production

    In project 2, I continued to polish the sketch/value painting I made on project 1. I took some of the elements off unsplash, pexels, and pinterest. On photoshop, I combined and photobashed the images together. I erased the unneeded parts of the image and lay them down before actually grading the color.

    Fig. 3.1, Laying down the images

    Then, I adjusted the colors of the individual images to match the vibe I'm going for.

    Fig. 3.2, Filters and adjustments

    After hundreds of layers, this is the final composition.

    Fig. 3.3, Final set


    REFLECTIONS

    Project 2 improved my understanding of the photobashing workflow and taught me how important masking, color correction, and lighting are in creating a cohesive matte painting. Managing many Photoshop layers also helped me become more organized and patient throughout the process. Overall, this project strengthened my Photoshop skills and reinforced the importance of consistency and attention to detail when creating realistic environments.

    Comments