Digital Matte Painting / Bachelors of Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Project 1: Pre-Production
Samuel Keane / 0376236
JUMPLINKS
3. TASK
LECTURES
Lectures were given in class.
INSTRUCTIONS
TASK
Project 1: Pre-Production
I'm not into GOT, yet. But, I'm into fantasy and used to be obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons. So, I did some research on GOT and yeah, I decided to base this project off GOT.
| Fig. 3.1, Moodboard |
I made composition sketches & each tells a different story from the protagonist's perspective. However, I ended up with 3 compositions. Anyways these are the sketches.
![]() |
| Fig. 3.2, Sketches |
I kept the first composition but decided to scrap the rest. From that, I developed 2 other composition and add a little bit of value on it.
REFLECTIONS
This project helped me understand the importance of the pre-production stage in digital matte painting. Instead of jumping straight into rendering, I learned how research, moodboards, and composition sketches are essential in building a strong visual narrative. Looking into Game of Thrones also pushed me to study an art direction that I was unfamiliar with and apply its atmosphere to my own work.
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment