Environment Design - Final Project: Complete Environment Design Bible

Environment Design / Bachelors of Design (Honors) in Creative Media
Final Project: Complete Environment Design Bible
Samuel Keane / 0376236


JUMPLINKS


LECTURES

Lectures were given in class.


    INSTRUCTIONS

    MIB


    TASK

    I continued by working on the blender file and added a little more shapes and structures around the space. The first thing I did was sculpting the crucified corpse on ZBrush. I did this with the default male model and modify it.

    Fig. 3.1, Zbrush sculpture

    After exporting and moving the sculpture, I moved back to blender to continue working on the rest of the props. To add more lighting, I added torch holders on the pillars.

    Fig. 3.2, Torch holder

    Then, continuing the corpse part, I decided to add spears stabbing the corpse.

    Fig. 3.3, Spear

    Combined it with the corpse.

    Fig. 3.4, Corpse

    I also added details on the window.

    Fig. 3.5, Window

    Then, I sculpted some candles on Blender this time.

    Fig. 3.6, Candles

    I also made a simple table thingy with a cloth on top of it.

    Fig. 3.7, Table thingy & candles

    After finishing the model, I added colors.

    Fig. 3.7, Table thingy & candles

    I compiled all of the screenshots, assets, and compositions from all of the projects into one call sheet.


    REFLECTIONS

    This final project allowed me to combine everything I had worked on throughout the semester into one complete environment design bible. Blender modeling, prop creation, and scene composition. Compiling all the assets, screenshots, and progress into a single document also helped me understand the importance of organizing my workflow and presenting the entire design process clearly. Overall, I am satisfied with the outcome and feel that this project has strengthened both my technical and design skills.

    Comments